Chocolate Zucchini Cake
What ever I can tell you about this cake is not enough on how delicious it is, give it a try!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 cups zucchini-shredded
4 eggs- at room temperature
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven at 300ºF
1) Prepared two 8 inches round cake pans with a round cake mat or a piece of parchment paper in the bottom, then grease and flour them. Set aside.
2) Sift together all the dry ingredients.
3) Using a stand mixer with the paddle beat the eggs until light and fluffy at medium high speed for about 3 minutes.
4) Gradually add the sugar and mix for 2 minutes at same speed.
5) At a medium speed stir in olive oil, zucchini and vanilla. Mix well until combine for 1-2 minutes.
6) At the lowest speed start adding the dry ingredients and the pecans, mix until combine for 1-2 minutes.
7) Pour into prepared pan and bake until cake springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
8) Bake from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
9) Let them cool down and decorate with cream cheese frosting or for a dairy free option just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.