Chimi-Tahini Chickpea Salad
Roasted chickpeas add protein and crunch to this sheet-pan dinner. You’ll be tempted to eat them all before assembling the salad, so make a double batch if that’s your thing! Cauliflower, radish, and avocado bulk everything up and add a variety of textures and flavors, drizzled with a tahini and lemon spiked dressing to round it all out.
Chef Tip: The extra time to roast the chickpeas in this recipe is worth it. Dry them well before tossing them with oil and roasting. They become crispy and hearty like your favorite crouton, except they’re gluten-free and packed with protein.
• 1 can chickpeas, drained
• Olive oil
• ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1 head butter lettuce, torn
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 4 radishes, sliced thin
• 6-10 fresh mint leaves
• 1 cup tahini paste
• 2 lemons, juiced
• 1 pouch Haven's Kitchen Herby Chimichurri
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas with a drizzle of olive oil. Spread out evenly
onto a baking sheet. In the same bowl, toss cauliflower with a drizzle of olive oil
and spread onto the other baking sheet. Roast cauliflower until browned and
tender, about 25 minutes, and remove from the oven. Remove the chickpeas
after another 10-15 minutes, when crispy. Put the chickpeas back into the bowl
and toss with ½ pouch of Haven's Kitchen Herby Chimichurri. Roast for another 5
minutes until the sauce is dry.
3. While the chickpeas are roasting, combine the tahini paste, lemon juice, and the rest of the Haven's Kitchen Herby Chimichurri. Salt as needed.
4. Combine crispy chickpeas with cauliflower, lettuce, avocado, radish and mint and dress with the chimi-tahini.