Chopped Chicken Enchiladas
Bite into these delicious Chopped Chicken Enchiladas and enjoy the perfect balance of flavors!
8 King Size Flour Tortillas
4 cups Shredded Chicken Thighs
1/2 cup RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1/2 cup Yellow Onion finely chopped
2 tbsps Cilantro chopped
1 cup plus ½ cup more Jalapeno Cheese sauce
1 cup Sharp Cheese shredded
2 tablespoons Al Pastor seasoning
Red Enchilada Sauce:
2 tbsp Canola Oil
2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp Chili Powder
2 cups vegetable broth
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the enchilada sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add oil and flour. Stir in tomato paste, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add vegetable broth and bring sauce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, ROTEL, 1 cup cheese sauce, cream cheese, Al Pastor seasoning, cilantro and chopped onion. Mix well.
4. Steam corn tortillas in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to make them soft and easier to work with so they don't break.
5. Pour about a third of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish.
6. Lay out tortillas flat and drizzle the reserved cheese sauce in each tortilla.
7. Evenly spread the shredded chicken mixture among the tortillas. Then roll the tortillas up and place them in your baking dish. Evenly pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
8. Cover enchiladas with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes until top is golden and bubbly.
9. Remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and a drizzle of sour cream. Enjoy!