Red Pepper Sugo
This is a great sauce base that utilizes peppers at the peak of the summer. I prefer jimmy nardellos for this recipe, but you can use red bell peppers if you don’t have a farmer’s market nearby.
Think of it as an Italian salsa.
I’m serving this for my tagliatelle livestream and garnishing with roasted chicken, dill, and blue cheese. Stoner Buffaloing Chicken Pasta!
1lbs jimmy fardello pepeprs
5 cloves garlic
1/2 white onion
1tbp tomato paste or 1ea San Marzano tomato
extra virgin olive oil / salt / sherry vinegar to taste
optional herbs or aromatics (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
1. Peel your garlic, onion and shallot.
2. Slice all of the vegetables thinly.
3. toss with olive oil and place under the broiler until roasted.
4. once soft and browned, place in a blender and puree until smooth.
5. Season with sherry vinegar and salt to taste.
6. cool and use as you wish.