Every Italian family has their own version of meatballs. Chef Joe is sharing his secret family recipe. The perfect combination of cheesy, meaty, goodness. These meatballs are fall apart tender, and employ fine-dining cooking techniques to ensure that your balls turn out the best they can be!
1 pounds pork, ground
1 pounds beef, ground
1/2 cups parmigiano, grated
2 large eggs
1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 small white onion
2 tbsps italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsps parsley, fresh
1 tsps Chile flake
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand, be sure not to overpack or overmix
2. Form into balls. Carefully not to press too tightly. Balls should be round and smooth not rough around the edges.
3. In a pan of 5Tb olive oil. Over medium heat, fry both sides of the balls.
4. Bring a pot of marinara to a simmer. Turn off the heat and plunge the balls into the sauce.
5. Allow the balls to hang out and finish cooking for 20 minutes.
6. Cover with cheese and sauce and enjoy!