Garlicky Artichoke Cheesy Pull-Apart Tree
We are always looking for creative and festive ways to entertain during the holidays. This recipe is great because the components can be made in advance, and the whimsical presentation is guaranteed to even put a smile on the Grinch’s face.
Think of this like the spinach & artichoke dip of your dreams.
1 bunch basil
8 ounce spinach, frozen & defrosted
1 bunch Parsley
8 clove Garlic, minced
1 medium egg
8 ounce ricotta
2 cups parmigiano reggiano, grated
8 ounce cream cheese
1 cups cherry tomato, halved
1 cans pizza dough, store bought
1 drizzle olive oil
2 cups marinara, optional
4 ounce mozzarella
2 tbsps sesame seeds, white, untested
1. In a food processor combine the cheeses, herbs, garlic, and olive oil and process until a smooth creamy pesto is formed.
2. Roll out the pizza dough and cut into 4 triangles.
3. Combine two triangles into one large and spread the mixture on top.
4. Top with the remaining dough and cut the branches, twisting.
5. Garnish the cherry tomato “ornaments”
6. Brush with egg wash and bake at 400F until golden brown.
7. Serve (optionally with marinara for dipping).