Sibeiho Classic Chinese Eggplant and Green Beans Stir Fry
I love eggplant and green beans stir fried chinese style. The smokiness of the eggplant with slightly charred green beans is perfect with some rice. Check out my channel on kittch and see how you can make this delish meal at home.
Recommended Sambal Pairing: AF Chili Chunka Sambal.
This award winning sambal adds a tangy hit to complement the meal. Bring on the flavor we say!
1 Eggplant, cut into wedges
1 Anaheim pepper, deseeded cut into strips
Handful of Green beans,
3 cloves garlic, minced
Knob of Ginger, thin slices
2 -3 Capfuls Shaoxing Wine
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1. Heat pan with about 5 tbsp oil till it’s slightly smoking. Gently slide the cut eggplant into the hot oil. Be careful as the oil splatter. Cook till the eggplant is a little brown on the edges. Scoop them out to a plate for later.
2. Add the green beans to the same pan Add about a tbsp of oil if needed. Cook till the beans are blistered and darker green. Scoop them and place in the same plate as the eggplant.
3. In the same pan, add ginger and the pepper. Fry till the ginger edges are golden and you can smell the ginger/pepper combination
4. Add the eggplant and green beans back into the pan. Stir and add the minced garlic.
5. Stir till you can smell the fragrance of the garlic. Then swirl the shaoxing wine around the sides of the pan and add soy sauce for flavoring. Taste before you plate up and serve with white rice!