Tasty Vegan Lasagna
After trying many different vegan lasagnas over the years since giving up animal products, I have finally come up with the WINNING RECIPE! At last, a lasagna that my whole family will eat without complaining.
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp Tuscany seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
10 oz mushrooms, chopped
Creamy Garlic Sauce:
2 tsp olive oil divided
3 cloves garlic minced
2 c unsweetened non dairy milk such as almond milk or oat milk
1 tbsp flour or use rice flour to make gluten-free
1 tbsp cornstarch
10 cloves of roasted garlic (or saute another 3 cloves instead)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 lemon zest
Lasagna Sheets, cooked
1. Saute chopped mushroom in a little oil and stir in sauce and cook for another minute. Put to the side for later.
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile blend the rest of the ingredients (except lemon zest) until smooth. Add to the pan. Increase heat to medium.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust salt and flavor carefully. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Stir in zest after removing from the stove.
4. Add a ladleful of garlic sauce in the dish. Add a layer of noodles.
5. Then drizzle garlic sauce on the noodles, arrange mushrooms on top, drizzle some sauce over the mushrooms, then add a layer of noodles.
6. Spread the sauce on the noodles. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes.
7. Then another layer of noodles and sauce, mushrooms, noodles, and remaining sauce. Add a layer of marinara in the middle and the top. Sprinkle some vegan parm all over or vegan mozzarella cheese shreds. (I use a mix of 3 tbsp breadcrumbs+ 3 tbsp vegan parm).
8. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 deg F (170C ) for 1 hour. Let it sit for 10 mins, then uncover. Sprinkle more vegan parmesan, sliced basil, extra virgin olive oil, and pepper flakes. Then slice and serve.