Bang Bang Cauliflower
The Bang Bang has to be my absolute favorite ways to prepare cauliflower. After all, how can you beat tasty, crispy cauliflower bites drizzled with a sweet chili garlic sauce that’s so good you might start eating with your hands?
½ c vegetable oil, or more, as needed
1 c buttermilk
¾ c all-purpose flour
½ c cornstarch
1 tbsp flax seed powder
1 tbsp hot sauce, like sriracha
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 c Panko
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried oregano
1/4 c parsley, chopped
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
king everything seasoning for garnish
scallion greens for garnish
FOR THE SAUCE
1/2 c mayonnaise
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp agave
2 tsp rice vinegar
1-2 tbsp water
1. To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, agave, water, and rice vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, flax seed powder, hot sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste; set aside as well.
3. In a large bowl, combine panko, onion and garlic powder, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper, to taste; set aside.
4. Working one at a time, dip cauliflower into the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the panko mixture, pressing to coat.
5. Working in batches, add cauliflower to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Drizzled with sweet chili mayo sauce, garnish with scallions, and king everything.
GET READY TO ENJOY A REALLY BOMB DISH!!