quick n easy biscuits
Come watch how easy it is to make vegan biscuit dough with flavor!
1 cups oat milk
1 tbsps lemon juice
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tbsps baking powder
1/2 tsps baking soda
1 pinch sea salt
6 tbsps unsalted butter
1 tbsps sugar
1. Preheat oven to 430 degrees (220°C).
2. Add lemon/orange juice and plant milk to a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
4. Cut the cold butter into cubes and add them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until you get a breadcrumb-like texture.
5. Pour the juice and milk mixture into the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon stir it until just combined.
6. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and knead the dough with your hands for about a minute. Add more flour if the dough sticks to your hands (make sure you use your hands and not a mixer to knead it.
7. Form a 1-inch rectangle shape and using a dough cutter, cut the dough in half. Stack one piece of dough on top of the other and flatten with your hands until you form it into a 1-inch rectangle. Repeat the process 2 more times.
8. Using a round-shaped cutter, cut out about 6-7 biscuits. Reform the remaining dough and cut out more biscuits.
9. Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in two rows. Make sure the biscuits are touching one another.
10. Bake for 15- 20 minutes until slightly golden brown.
add some everything bagel seasoning on top for an extra pop.