And comparing the flavor to other vegan buttery spreads on the market, it compares very favorably. It’s just damn good I must say.
1 c Refined Coconut Oil Melted
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive Oil
⅓ c Unsweetened Soy Milk or Oat Milk
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 small pinch Turmeric
½ tsp Salt
1. Add melted refined coconut oil to the blender along with the olive oil.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar to the unsweetened soy or oat milk and stir in so that it curdles into buttermilk. Add the buttermilk to the blender.
3. Add the nutritional yeast, small pinch of turmeric, flax seeds and salt.
4. Blend very well until smooth.
5. Pour out into a butter dish and refrigerate until set, about 6 hours or overnight.
6. Remove from the fridge to thaw for a few minutes if using on fresh bread or creaming with sugar for baking.