Sizzled Salami and Rosemary Appetizer
This hearty appetizer has some fun holiday flavors and is served warm. No need for crackers with this one! Enjoy with a cocktail.
6 ounces Spanish-style chorizo, sliced ¼-inch thick
6 ounces pepperoni, sliced ¼-inch thick
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 1⁄2 cups pecans
10 medium dates, pitted and halved
1. Heat a dry skillet over low heat. Add the chorizo and pepperoni to the pan and cook, rendering the fat, for 3–5 minutes. Transfer the chorizo and pepperoni to a large bowl, leaving the fat in the pan.
2. Add the rosemary sprigs to the pan, still over medium heat. Cook them in the fat until fragrant, 2–3 minutes. Transfer the rosemary to the bowl with the chorizo and pepperoni.
3. Add the pecans to the pan, still over low heat, and season with a pinch of salt to taste. Cook them in the fat, stirring, until toasted and browned.
4. Return the chorizo, pepperoni, and rosemary to the pan with the pecans and stir to combine. Add the dates and cook, stirring, until combined and warm.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.