Holiday Snacks to Enjoy with Movies
Just in time for the best season for watching TVV and movies, I’ve got a couple savory snacks y’all need to try. Let’s make honey mustard pretzels and warm chips with a lemony, garlicky dip.
For the Honey Mustard Pretzels:
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (you can also use spicy brown mustard)
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon onion powder
5 tablespoons vegetable oil (about ⅓ cup)
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup chunky pretzel pieces
For the Warm Chips with Lemony Garlic Mayo:
1 cup plain kettle-cooked potato chips
1 dash Old Bay Seasoning (you can also substitute any no salt seasoning you like)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
1 large lemon, halved
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon original or habanero Tajin
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF—this recipe works best over low heat so the pretzels don’t burn.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the mustards, onion powder, vegetable oil, and honey to thoroughly combine. Pour in the pretzel pieces and stir gently to evenly coat.
3. Arrange in a single layer, spreading evenly on a large, lightly greased baking sheet. Bake, checking frequently and stirring at least once, until lightly browned, 5–10 minutes.
4. Store any cooled leftovers in an airtight container
1. Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
2. Spread the chips on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with the Old Bay Seasoning and 1–2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, then transfer in the oven to warm through. Watch them carefully to prevent burning—this won’t take long!
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and the juice of half the lemon (save the remaining lemon half for later). Stir in the garlic and Tajin and mix to thoroughly combine.
4. Remove the chips from the oven and pour into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with more Parmesan, then squeeze over the juice of the other lemon half. Serve immediately with the lemony garlic mayo.