Join me in my kitchen for a take on one of my favorite diner classics! We are making breakfast pasta with bacon, sausage, eggs, and cheese. This is an awesome option for a weekend brunch, or breakfast for dinner!
1 pound farfalle pasta
5 slices bacon
½ cup breakfast sausage (about 3 links)
1 shallot, diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4 eggs, beaten
Fresh chives, chopped
Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Reserve 2 cups of pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
2. While the pasta cooks, in a large skillet, fry the bacon until cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, fry the sausage until browned and cooked through. Transfer the sausage to a plate, leaving the grease in the skillet.
4. Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium low. Add the shallot and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until softened, 3–4 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and gently stir to combine.
5. 1 cup at a time, add the reserved pasta cooking water to the skillet and stir until a glossy sauce forms. Crumble the cooked bacon, then stir it into the pan with the pasta, along with the cooked sausage.
6. Reduce the heat under the skillet to low, then slowly pour in the beaten eggs and stir until cooked through. Stir in some of the chives, then season with black pepper to taste. Taste and season with more salt if needed (be sure not to over-salt!).
7. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with more chives and plenty of Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.