Breakfast-in-Bed Toaster Pastries
Y’all gotta try this easy and super fun recipe for your sweetie! This is a great one to serve in bed with some bacon and coffee or tea. It’s also a fun one for kids to join in on. We’re using a refrigerated dough for these customizable pastries.
Flour, for rolling out the dough
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
1 block cream cheese, at room temperature
1 jar fruit preserves of your choice (I like raspberry, strawberry, or orange)
1–2 eggs, lightly beaten
Nonstick cooking spray
Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
Bacon, for serving on the side
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Flour a cutting board and rolling pin.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and salt to taste for sprinkling on top of the pastries (taste it to make sure the flavors are balanced). Set aside.
3. Carefully remove the dough from the can and transfer to your floured work surface. Cut the dough into the shapes you want—I recommend 2-inch squares for bite-sized pastries. Then, use your rolling pin to flatten out the dough, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
4. Fill each piece of dough with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese and ½ tablespoon of fruit preserves (you can always add more if needed, but don’t overfill—you don’t want the filling to leak out). Use the back of a spoon to flatten out the cream cheese.
5. Fold the dough over the filling, then crimp the edges with a fork, taking your time to seal the pastries well. Brush the tops of each pastry with the egg wash, then sprinkle with the sugar and salt mixture.
6. Arrange the assembled pastries on a greased, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, 10–16 minutes (check them at the 10 minute mark).
7. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar (if desired), and serve with bacon and coffee.