NOODLES IN A JAR
This Asian Noodles in a jar recipe was inspired by my love of broths, soups, Chinese soups and just a love for Asian flavored food in general. This soup really brings out some crisp, yummy vegetables and serves you with the perfect noodles for your soup.
I didn’t want to bring you the same ol recipe you can find anywhere, I wanted to also bring you an interesting one, one that will excite your tastebuds and get you truly excited for that next meal.
6 tbsp chili garlic sauce
6 tsp Chinatown seasoning
6 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp caramelize onions
1 c cauliflower, small florets
1 c purple cabbage, shredded
1 c carrot, shredded
12 shiitake mushrooms, quartered
12 English peas, sugar snap peas or string beans, trimmed N cut in half
6 green onion, sliced
6 radishes sliced into rounds
3 bundle bean thread noodles, soaked in cold water for 15 mins
crunchy chili oil, optional
Thai basil, optional
1. Place chili sauce, sesame oil, caramelized onions, Chinatown seasoning and soy sauce at the bottom of the jar. Add in bean thread noodles.
2. Add in cauliflower, cabbage, shredded carrots and mushrooms. Place the sugar peas in the jar around the noodles. Add in the radishes and green onions on top of noodles in the jar.
3. When ready to eat, pour in boiling hot water to the top of the jar neck and place the lids on it.
4. Let steep for 10-15 minutes. You may use hot water from your coffee pot, or tea pot or kettle.
5. After it has sat for 15 minutes stir well with chopsticks allowing the flavors of the sauces to come up from the top.